TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
UTTERLY LTD TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
At Utterly Ltd our aim is to provide you with creative and stylish marquee and accessory hire and personal service. The following terms and conditions have been put in place to ensure that you, the Hirer and Utterly Ltd are clear on our responsibilities, and that you receive the best possible products and services.
Loss or Damage
- All Hire goods supplied remain the property of Utterly Ltd
- Hire is for up to 4 consecutive days, under the understanding that items are used for 1 day. This hire length is to allow for installation the day before the event and return the day after the event. There are no discounts for shorter hire periods.
- The hirer is obliged to ensure that they take proper care of the hired equipment and will indemnify Utterly Ltd against any damage, loss or theft.
- The hirer will be charged at full replacement cost for any damage or loss upon termination of hire.
- The hirer undertakes that he/she is competent and qualified to use the equipment in the way for which it is designed.
- Utterly Ltd will not be liable for any loss or liability suffered by the hirer as a result of broken equipment regardless of how this breakage may have been caused. In the event of breakage the hirer must immediately notify Utterly Ltd
- Utterly Ltd will not be liable for loss or damage suffered by the hirer or third party as a result of the hirer’s use of the equipment. The hirer will indemnify Utterly Ltd against any claim by a third party in respect of any loss, injury or liability as a result if use of the hired equipment
- Claims will not be considered unless they are made within seven days of the alleged cause for complaint and in writing to Utterly Ltd business address.
Health & Safety
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to secure bookings. If no deposit is made, items are subject to availability only.
- In the event of a cancellation by the Hirer or Utterly Ltd, within 10 days of the event, no refund is guaranteed. Any refund negotiated will be at the discretion of Utterly Ltd.
- Full payment must be paid one week prior to the installation.
- The hirer is responsible for obtaining permits or resource consents, if any, from the local authority, police, fire or any similar authority or organization who may have jurisdiction over the site, be it a private or public venue. Any cost as incurred in delays or modifications in the work arising from the absence of or misrepresentation of such permissions and permits shall be payable to the company but the hirer and shall be deemed to be part of the hire charge
- Utterly Marquees are manufactured in New Zealand and comply with all Fire and Safety regulations
- All goods are carefully checked when packed. It is the hirer’s responsibility to check the goods upon delivery and immediately notify Utterly Ltd of any incorrect items supplied from the items ordered, or any damaged items. Complaints made after the return of pickup of goods will not be considered.
- Utterly Ltd shall make their best efforts to supply the hirer with the accessories requested, but reserve the right to supply you with similar goods. However, notice will be given f this is ever to be the case.
- Deliveries made to third parties or unoccupied premises are entirely at the hirer’s risk.
- Utterly Ltd will be granted permission by the hirer to access the hirer’s property with vehicles to enable the delivery, erection, dismantling and collection of the equipment. Utterly Ltd will not be responsible to the hirer or any other third parties for damage to driveways, lawns, pathways, or underground services due to the weight of Utterly Ltd.’s (or associated) vehicles.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to notify Utterly Ltd of any specific access obstructions, restrictions, underground drains, power or water services or overhead services that may be vulnerable or cause an obstruction during the delivery, installation or collection process. If any of the above are not notified and subsequently cause an impediment to the installation, utterly Ltd reserve the right to rescind the contract or charge for additional time required executing its duties.
- Utterly Ltd shall not be under any liability whatsoever in respect of damage to drains, pipes, or cables or other services buried under the site or otherwise concealed or any consequential loss resulting from such damage unless an accurate plan showing the precise position of such drains, pipes and cables is provided at the commencement of the installation.
- The hirer is responsible for providing Utterly Ltd with a plan of where the marquee equipment shall be erected or alternatively shall have a representative on site for that purpose. If the hirer does not provide a plan or have a representative on site, Utterly Ltd may erect the marquees and equipment where it considers fit and it shall be deemed to have performed the contract.
- Any specific collection and delivery instructions to be notified by the hirer at the time of ordering and in writing.
- The hirer, or a third party authorised to represent the hire, must attend when Utterly Ltd collect equipment. If the hirer is not available and fails to appoint a third party to attend when the collection takes place, the hirer will not be entitled to despite the condition or quantity of equipment retuned to Utterly Ltd and the acceptance of the collection checklist will be assumed.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that there is sufficient access to the venue and if needed that someone is available to meet our set up team on the day of delivery.
- If electricity is required for your marquee, the hirer is responsible for ensuring there’s an adequate power source, either fed from a mains supply of a pre booked generator. Utterly Ltd cannot be held responsible for any power supplies.